ORC Single Plate Clutch System for the Mazda MX-5 NA6CE/NA8C
Fitted with the B series of engines B6-ZE/BP-ZE
Designed for lightly tuned performance cars up to 300HP.
This series consists of a reinforced clutch system based on Ogura racing experience. Each vehicle application is designed individually based on the concept of being as lightweight and strong as possible.
The 309 racing clutch system from OGURA is the standard clutch used by many professional racing teams, and these teams depend on ORC clutches for their competition race cars to achieve victories.
All high performance Ogura Race Clutch (ORC) systems are developed with the state of the art technology in automotive clutch materials & material processing. This is achieved with the use of high quality, super lightweight materials while maintaining superior strength.
ORC systems are designed using the Finite Element Method computer analysis.
All ORC products are track tested to satisfaction on performance & reliability before releasing the product into the market. On top of that ORC systems will transfer maximum power & torque of a high performance race engine through minimum effort on the clutch pedal, and will provide excellent feedback to the driver during “heel & toe” driving.
Features include :
- The ORC improve the mating of the clutch cover with the plates by using a circular disk rather than a pentagon shaped disk. The circular shaped clutch cover & plates distribute the sudden torque generated evenly and will prevent the deformation of the clutch parts.
- Slits are incorporated to the pressure plate & middle plate to dissipate heat, and protect them from warping due to excessive heat during hard driving.
- The parts in the ORC clutch system are checked for its reliability & durability for strength in simulation using sophisticated Finite Element Method Analysis computer software.
- All Ogura flywheel (ORC-FW) are designed specifically for each individual vehicle model. This is done via a thorough study of each engine model by collecting test & research data.
- All ORC-FW are designed to be strong as well as lightweight using forged using a high grade SCM435 Chrome-molybdenum steel.
- As per the ORC systems, all ORC-FW are tested for their strength & durability using the Finite Element Method Analysis.
We are constantly adding parts! If you do not see the ORC Clutch you are looking for please contact us and we’ll price it up for you via email.
Other Ogura Racing Clutch kits